May 24, 2023 – In line with the PNP CIDG Flagship Project Oplan Megashopper, 13.5 million worth of counterfeit Crocs products were seized by the agents of CIDG Bulacan, RFU3 and Marilao MPS, Bulacan PPO along with the representatives from IP Manila/Crocs Philippines through a buy-bust operation in Marilao, Bulacan.
1. Ma. Kristel De Asis Calang, 24, packer, resident of Geronimo Compound, Lias, Marilao, Bulacan;
2. Relly Liwanagan Gutierrez, 23,
packer/bodegero, resident of 136 Elicon St., Banga, Meycuayan, Bulacan;
3. Abigail Rogana Loyogoy, 24, packer, resident of Ilang-ilang st., Manzano Subd., Ibayo, Marilao, Bulacan;
4. Samantha Policarpio Sarmiento, 20, packer, resident of 136 Elicon St., Banga, Meycuayan, Bulacan;
5. Bea Cantos, 27, packer, resident of No. 27 St., Rosary Hoa, Lias, Marilao, Bulacan; and
6. Cherry Ann Salvador Dato-on, 30, packer, a native of Valenzuela City presently residing at No. 478 Manzano Subd., Ibayo, Marilao, Bulacan.
While Kristeta Catacutan Atienza (at large) is the identified owner of the fake Crocs warehouse.
The operation led to the seizure of the following pieces of evidence:
– One (1) pc. One-thousand-peso bill together with four (4) pcs. One-thousand-peso bill used as Buy-bust money;
– One (1) pc. improvised receipt;
– 300 boxes containing 15 pairs of counterfeit Crocs sandals/clogs each box; and
– Two (2) white sacks containing 1,000 pcs Crocs echo bags.
A criminal complaint for violation of RA 8293 (Intellectual Property Code of the Philippines) was being prepared against the arrested suspects. While all confiscated pieces of evidence were properly turned over to IP Manila Associate Inc/Crocs Philippines.
“Ang operasyong ito laban sa mga sumasabotahe sa ating ekomoniya ay naging matagumpay dahil sa kolaborasyon ng iba’t-ibang ahensiya katuwang ang ating komunidad. Makakaasa kayo na ang inyong CIDG ay hindi matitinag sa pagtugis sa mga kriminal na naglalayong pahinain ang ekonomiya ng ating bansa,” CIDG Director, PBGen Romeo M Caramat Jr. said. ###