The Criminal Investigation and Detection Group conducted a simultaneous implementation of Search Warrants (SWs) through its intensified campaign against loose firearms or OPLAN “Paglalansag Omega” on March 10, 2023 in Negros Oriental.
Detectives of the CIDG and other law enforcement units implemented 10 SWs for violation of RA 10591 and R.A.9516, all issued by Hon. Allan Francisco S. Garciano, Executive Judge of RTC, Mandaue City, Cebu against:
– Arnolfo Alipit Tever Jr. and Jose Palo Gimarangan in Brgy. Poblacion, Basay;
– Jojo Maturan a.k.a. “Rodolfo Teves Maturan” and Milcyn Maruran a.k.a. “Milcyn Catan” in Brgy. Nagbo-Alao, Basay;
– Hannah Mae Sumerano Oray, Arnolfo Alipit Teves Jr., Kurt Mathew Teves, and Axel Teves in Brgy. Malabugas, Bayawan City; and
– Arnolfo Alipit Teves Jr. and Security Guard Roland Aguisanda Pablio in Brgy. Nagbo-Alao, Basay.
“Upon receiving the order, we proceeded right away to the Teves location that was the subject of the SWs. There, we found various high-powered weapons and hand grenades in the areas we searched,” stated the PBGen Romeo M Caramat Jr, Director CIDG.
The search resulted in the confiscation and recovery of the following piece of evidence:
– Three (3) Hand Grenades;
– Ten (10) Short Firearms;
– Six (6) Rifles;
– 465 Assorted live ammunition;
– 194 Assorted empty shells; and
– 22 Assorted magazines.
The Teveses were not around during the implementation of the SWs however, all arrested persons and confiscated pieces of evidence were brought to the CIDG Negros Provincial Field Unit for proper disposition.
Meanwhile, firearms verification with the Civil Security Group, FEO, Camp Crame revealed that LTOPFs and other licenses of the arrested persons had been revoked.
Further to the statement of CIDG’s top cop, The CIDG will continue to carry out intensified operations against illegal firearms in response to the call of our CPNP PGEN RODOLFO S AZURIN JR to maintain peace and order. ###