The Criminal Investigation and Detection Group, through its intensified flagship program, “OPLAN PAGTUGIS” and the continuous issuance of warrants of arrest in various field units, has paved the way for the arrest of some of the most wanted individuals in our country.
During OPLAN PAGTUGIS operations conducted in different regions of our country, operatives arrested five (5) Top Most Wanted Persons (MWP), which include:
1. Mark Jovelle Timajo Olalo a.k.a. Jovelle, Top 4 MWP (Regional Level) of Bicol Region. Arrested by virtue of a warrant of arrest for the crime of three (3) counts of Rape issued by Genie G. Gapas-Agbada, Presiding Judge, Fifth Judicial Region, RTC Branch 42, Virac, Catanduanes, dated December 16, 2022, with no bail recommended. Furthermore, investigation revealed that the accused had a standing warrant of arrest for the crimes of Statutory Rape and violation of Sec. 4(a) of RA 9995 (Anti-Photo and Video Voyeurism Act of 2009) dated December 16, 2022, with no bail recommended for Statutory Rape and Php42, 000.00 for violation of RA 9995, respectively.
2. Erick Solis Javier, Top 3 MWP (Municipal Level) of Malolos City, Bulacan. Arrested for the crime of Attempted Rape (RPC Art. 266-A) by virtue of a warrant of arrest issued by Hon. Carl B Badillo, Presiding Judge, Third Judicial Region, Regional Trial Court, Branch 102, Malolos City, Bulacan dated November 22, 2021 with Php 200,000.00 bail recommended.
3. Jayson Evangelista Aguilando, No. 1 MWP (Municipal Level) of Pandan, Catanduanes. Arrested on the strength of a warrant of arrest for the violations of RA 9165, Article II of Section 5 Para 1, and Article II of Section 11 of the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002, both with no bail recommended, all issued by Hon. Genie G. Gapas-Agbada, Presiding Judge of RTC, Branch 42, Fifth Judicial Region, Virac, Catanduanes, dated January 13, 2023.
4. Geovanie Camoro Camonesta a.k.a. Geovani Camoro Camorista, No. 10 MWP (Provincial Level) of Negros Occidental, which was arrested by virtue of a warrant of arrest for the crime of “Other Sexual Abuse” Special Protection of Children Against Child Abuse, Exploitation, and Discrimination Act (Anti-Child Abuse Law, Sec.5(b) of RA 7610 as amended by RA 7658 and RA 9231) in eight ( counts, issued by Hon. Walter G. Zorilla, Presiding Judge, RTC, Branch 55, Himamaylan City, Negros Occidental, dated July 7, 2021 with recommended bail amount of Php 200,000.00 for each count.
5. Marilyn Judith Taquiqui Layugan, Most Wanted Person (Provincial Level) of Cavite PPO. Arrested on the basis of a warrant of arrest issued by Hon. Merianthe Pacita Manzano Zuraek, Presiding Judge of RTC National Capital Judicial Region, Branch 51, Manila dated on January 12, 2023, for violation of New-Anti Carnapping Act of 2016 with Php300,000.00 bail recommended.
Arrested individuals are now being held in their respective arresting field units awaiting the issuance of a commitment order from the issuing court.
“I commend the dedication and courage of the operatives for a successfully conducted operation against wanted individuals. We will continue our commitment to apprehend all those wanted by our law and bring them to our court.” CIDG’s top cop said ###